Week 2 is in the books now, and whilst some people in our own BBW league probably wanted to unleash their inner Vontae Davis and quit at half time, other scored well north of 150 points. In real life, kickers are taking a lot of attention, but if you drafted Zane Gonzalez in Fantasy, then you got what’s coming to you.
Week 2 MVP
Patrick Mahomes – 38.84 points
I know Big Ben scored a small amount of points more, but shall we just show some more love to the guy starting his 3rd ever NFL game, but so far this season has already accumulated 67.18 points, including 38.84 this week.
6 Touchdowns, over 300 yards and no interceptions. This kid looks like he can only be contained, not stopped. This week he wasn’t going as long all the time, looking for short for Travis Kelce, which helped Kelce’s points after a quiet first week.
Not only is he a lot of fun to watch, he’s a difference maker in Fantasy when thing go his way.Embed from Getty Images
Ben Roethlisberger (38.98) Kirk Cousins (33.50) Todd Gurley (29.30) Stefon Diggs (26.90)
James Conner continues to fill Le’Veon Bells boots, to a degree, with 14.50 points, which actually makes you wonder if this will bring Bell back quicker. Saquon Barkley was quieter than last week, Fantasy wise, but still got 80 rushing yards for just over 10 points. Undrafted Running Back, Phillip Lindsay at Denver, got 11.10 points.
Darnold was quieter than last week, but to be expected after a strong opening weekend. Still alright, but had a few picks this week as the Jets chased the game in Miami, getting 13.46 points for 334 yard, but two interceptions.
Calvin Ridley at the Falcons got his first touch down and 64 yards for 12.70 points, whilst DJ Moore for Carolina got 11.80 points after a 51 yard TD.
Mentioned last week, TE Will Dissly got another TD for the Seahawks, for 10.20 points.Embed from Getty Images
Perfect Line Up
QB – Ben Roethlisberger (38.98)
RB1 – Todd Gurley (29.30)
RB2 – Melvin Gordon (24.60)
WR1 – Stefon Diggs (26.90)
WR2 – A.J. Green (24.90)
TE – Travis Kelce (22.90)
FLEX – Matt Breida (21.90)
K – Mason Crosby (17.00)
D/ST – Chicago Bears (17.00) Total – 223.48 Points
Lessons learnt/to learn
- Maybe FitzMagic was worth picking up after all, torching that impressive Eagles defence for two 75 yard TDs, and another win. I can’t believe that anyone would’ve stored Jameis, but if you did…drop him, drop him by the time you finish this sentence. This week they come up against the Steelers, and not the forgone conclusion that would’ve seemed a mere 2 and a bit weeks ago.
- Talking of potentially stored QBs, Wentz will start this week against the Colts. Alshon Jeffery is week to week though, so Wentz will be back without one of his main targets.
- The top scoring WR after two games is Desean Jackson. He was dropped from two teams last week in the league I am in, both of whom lost. Confidence that Tampa Bay can keep this start up doesn’t seem huge. He has a good connection with FitzMagic though, so whilst he is under centre, then worth a punt.
- Josh Gordon catching passes from Tom Brady…jeez!!
- 19 kicks were missed this weekend, that’s a lot of points going left or right of the uprights, but does mean the return of the second most accurate kicker of all time, Dan Bailey, to the Vikings.